Need I say more? It is the king red for so many wine lovers.
Cabernet Sauvignon is the first thing I pour when I know Iím having a steak, lighting a fire, or the temperature falls below 60 degrees.
Jennifer Simonetti-Bryan, Master of Wine @jediwinemaster is back to walk us through this grape.
And there were so many things I didnít know like:
- Where the grape originally came from
- That it really does smell like green bell pepper
- Why itís the perfect wine to age
- And what the heck cassis is
We tasted four wines. Now donít worry so much about the precise vineyards. Just try to match the country and year.
Our Cabernets were:
- 2012 Napa Valley, California, Robert Mondavi
- 2012 South Africa, Tokara
- 2012 Chile, Errazuriz Max Reserva
- 1995 Bordeaux, France, Chateau Gruaud Larose
Now the 1995 Bordeaux is expensive and rare. If you have an old cab that you want to use with us, grab it. If not the first three will allow for enough contrast and wonít blow your budget.
Jen also brought an aroma kit from Wine Awakenings. This kit -about $125- is specifically for red wines but the company makes others. Itís a nice gift for a wine lover trying to improve her sense of smell. Just saying.
I learned so much in this podcast. Iím so excited for you to taste and listen!