As the holidays approach... many may be concerned about keeping their weight gain in check.
FOX's Alex Hein reports:
This is, Housecall for Health.
'Tis the season for holiday travel and as one of the busiest times of the year approaches, many of us are preparing for a vacation with our families and friends. While this can be something to look forward to, it can also be stressful. Not to mention, there's often lots of indulging between now and New Year's and the last thing any of us wants is to pack on extra weight.
Here are five tips for staying fit while on-the-go this holiday season:
- Walk everywhere. Instead of taking cabs or buses lace up your sneakers and hit the pavement.
- Find a local hike. Do a bit of research to find a scenic spot for the whole family to enjoy.
- Sight see while on a run - if you're going somewhere new and exciting this year, do not overlook running routes as a fun way to see the sights.
- Splurge, but only when its worth it - you want to enjoy the amazing food but don't want to expand your waistline. Choose to splurge wisely on a few comfort meals or must-try restaurants, but eat simply the rest of the trip.
- When there's free time in between activities or if it feels like you may be having a quieter day, try to fit in a short workout.
For more on this story, check foxnewshealth.com.
Housecall for Health, I'm Alex Hein, FOX News.