Rep. Ryan Zinke: The U.S. Can’t Continue To Spend Money We Don’t Have At The Rates We Are

Montana Republican Congressman Ryan Zinke joins Fox Across America With Jimmy Failla to discuss the ongoing negotiations over the debt ceiling, and whether he thinks cuts to programs such as Social Security and Medicare should be on the table in order to make a deal.

“Well, we’ve got to have a plan. And immediately, when you say, well, the budget, Congress comes together and we vote on about 28 percent of the budget. That’s defense and interior and what most people see as a front store of the government. But what we don’t vote or review is the other 72 percent, which is entitlements. And there are some entitlements that have outlived their lifestyle, that no longer produce results. And there’s some government programs that probably need more funding. But you’ve got to reveal them and you’ve got to have the guts to open them up and have the debate. But when the government is running on overdrive without review, without any congressional review at all, with 72 percent of it, you’re not going to be able to balance our budget and our spending on that 28 percent. You’re going to have to open up all sides. And that’s just the reality.”

Plus, Rep. Zinke explains how the Biden administration’s reliance on other countries for oil production does not make any environmental sense. To hear what else he had to say, listen to the podcast!