Sick building syndrome? Is it a real thing?
FOX’s Alex Hein says yes, according to one study:
This is Housecall for Health.
Do you sneeze more while at work? Ever wonder how often they clean the air filters? Do you notice an achy feeling return when you head back to the office on Monday?
Well, it turns out, you might be suffering from symptoms of sick building syndrome. According to a new study, toxins lurking behind your office’s wallpaper might in turn be making you sick. The toxins can easily become airborne and post an indoor health risk to those exposed to it regularly.
According to the study, symptoms of the illness could be compared to those of flu or allergies like headaches, burning or itching eyes, stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing, sore throat, tight chest or others.
People with asthma may find their symptoms exasperated when in a contaminated office space.
Aside from tainted wallpaper, study authors note poorly maintained air conditioners, indoor chemical varnish, mold and bacteria and poor ventilation’s could be culprits.
For more on this story, check FOXNewsHealth.com.
Housecall for Health, I’m Alex Hein, FOX News.