Woman Sickened by Gas Station Cheese

    (Herson Rodriguez/Unsplash.com)

    Audio clip:

    One woman has botulism from eating cheese at a gas station in California.

    FOX's Jessica Rosenthal reports:

    One woman is so sick she's been in the hospital for a month and can't breathe or speak on her own. Lavinia Kelly is in intensive care. Sacramento county health officials say she is one of five people sickened with botulism from eating nacho cheese at Valley Oak Food and Fuel.

    They have stopped food sales there. All five people were hospitalized and they're investigating a handful of other possible cases. Lavinia Kelly's family has filed a lawsuit against the gas station. The bacteria from botulism can cause paralysis, and even death.

    Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News.

    Follow Jessica Rosenthal on Twitter: @JessicaFOXNews