An Ohio boy is dead after trying to do something he saw on the internet.

FOX's Dave Anthony reports:

He was trying to conduct an experiment he saw on YouTube, but what a 15-year-old boy did in the garage of his Vermilion township Ohio home electrocuted him.

Erie County sheriff's officials say he was trying to create what's called Jacob's Ladder, a high-voltage arc of electricity between two metal rods. Those online videos show a fiery bright arc shooting up the rods. 

The boy's family was home at the time Tuesday evening and called for help. Emergency crews took him to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Dave Anthony, FOX News.