New York may now have the most generous paid family leave act in terms of time, but San Francisco has just passed the most generous leave act when it comes to dollars and cents.

FOX's Jessica Rosenthal reports:

The state pays 55% of a worker's check for six weeks of family leave. San Francisco's new law would require business owners with at least 20 employees to pay the other 45%, for fully paid family leave.

(Dwight) "Our objection is that it puts San Francisco businesses at a disadvantage both regionally and in the state."

Mark Dwight owns Bagworks and is president of the city's small business commission. He says with minimum wage and real estate costs up business may leave.

Rhode Island and New Jersey also offer some paid sick leave, New York does too and the governor just signed a law giving workers up to 2/3 of their pay for 12 weeks of leave in the next five years.

Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News.