(AP Photo/The Daily Times, Joe Lamberti)
(AP Photo/The Daily Times, Joe Lamberti)

Carbon monoxide is being blamed for the deaths of eight people in Maryland.

FOX News Radio's Rachel Sutherland reports from Washington:

A man found dead with his seven children was reportedly running a generator after the power was cut off in his Maryland home over an unpaid bill.

Police found the bodies inside a home in the Eastern Shore town of Princess Anne after 36-year-old Rodney Todd failed to show up for work.

This is his stepfather Lloyd Edwards...

(Edwards) "I love those children. I love them now, as I speak, and I'm going to miss them."

Princess Anne Police confirm cause of death for all eight people was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

In Washington, Rachel Sutherland, FOX News Radio.