One of Ireland’s biggest celebrations did not actually start out the way we know it. Fox News Radio’s Lilian Huang Woo chats with experts about whiskey, history, cool bars around the world and Gaelic every reveler should know for the big day.
Take a LISTEN:
The Irish Manhattan
· 50ml Tullamore D.E.W. Original
· 15ml sweet vermouth
· 5 ml luxardo maraschino liqueur
· Dash angostura bitter
· Dash Orange bitters
· Orange zest
· Maraschino cherry
Stir the ingredients together quickly over ice. Pour into a chilled coupette glass. Zest orange twist over surface of drink, spiral and drop into the glass.
· 35 ml Tullamore D.E.W. 10 Year Old Single Malt
· 30 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice
· 20 ml sweet vermouth
· 25ml Boudier maraschino liqueur
· Maraschino cherry to garnish
Shake all ingredients together. Double strain into champagne saucer. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
The Barmbrack Sour
· 50 ml Tullamore D.E.W. Original
· 1 barpoon quality apricot jam
· 20 ml fresh lemon juice
· 1 pinch cinnamon powder
· 2 dashes angostura bitters
· 15 ml egg white
· 1 bsp castor sugar
· Garnish with crushed toasted pecans and a light dusting of freshly-grated nutmeg
Add all ingredients except garnish to shaker and dry shake without ice. Add ice and shake hard. Find strain into a chilled coupe glass and add garnish.
Follow Lilian Woo on Twitter: @LilianNY