It's a tough job market out there... especially for younger people trying to get their careers started.
FOX Business Network's Cheryl Casone has some advice in this edition of "Hired!":
Getting you Hired! A special edition for millennials! I'm Cheryl Casone with the FOX Business Network.
Many 20-somethings are making some major mistakes in the workplace. Here are some tips:
- Pick an idol and think of that person and how they would handle any tough situation. You should always have idols and mentors in your career.
- Milleannials should watch their budgets, and spend 25% less than what they make. That 75% includes rent and food. Sorry kids, you can't always guarantee your next job will pay more. Your dream job may pay less!
- Don't wait to be told what to do at work. Take the initiative and always do more than you are assigned. Never wait to be asked to do a project at work.
- Pick up the phone, don't live your work life via email and text message or Facebook. There is still great value in networking and interacting with colleagues and potential clients face to face.
- People matter more than perks. There are lots of benefits at jobs you could use, but what really matters is the person you are working for. Leadership matters.
For more on these tips for millennials, go to casoneexchange.com.
I'm Cheryl Casone with the FOX Business Network for FOX News Radio.
Follow Cheryl on Twitter: @cherylcasone