A deadly, brain-eating amoeba has been found in Louisiana.
FOX's Colleen Cappon reports in this edition of "Housecall for Health":
Scientists have found a rare amoeba in the water supply of a Louisiana parish that caused a fatal brain infection in a child last month. A total of 32 infections have been reported in the United States between 2001 and 2010. The state says swimming in freshwater lakes and rivers is the most common way to be exposed to the amoeba. Officials are testing the water and flushing the lines, and say the public shouldn't be afraid to drink tap water.
Housecall for Health, I'm Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.