peanut

A 13-year-old girl with a peanut allergy died at a summer camp in California.

FOX News Radio's Chris Foster reports:

Natalie Giorgi, at Camp Sacramento with her family, ate part of a rice krispie treat with peanuts in it. She tasted them in there, found her mother and took Benadryl, knowing how allergic she was. She apparently seemed fine for about 20 minutes, then started having trouble breathing. Her dad's a doctor, gave her three doses of epinephrine before she stopped breathing, her throat closed up. Her parents say their hearts are broken and they just hope others can learn from this.

Chris Foster, FOX News Radio.