Was a prize dog poisoned at a dog show in New York? According to the owner and dog handler, the answer could be yes.
FOX News Radio's Ron Flatter reports from New York:
Lynette Blue's three-year-old Samoyed, Cruz, died in Colorado only days after competing in the New York's prestigious Westminster Dog Show.
Now Blue and Cruz's handler suggest a possible poisoning.
A veterinarian saying symptoms resembled those of a dog that had taken rat poison.
Handler Robert Chaffin told the "New York Times" he suspects extreme animal-rights advocates might have been responsible. But he and Blue admit they have no firm evidence to support this.
A spokeswoman for PETA, the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals, says it's scurrilous to even suggest it.
In New York, Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.