- AFMW: Olympic Wrestler Mark SchultzPosted 13 mins ago
- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 1 day ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
VT Ski Lift Runs on Cow Power
A Northeast ski resort has turned to what may be the ultimate in alternative energy…and it comes from a cow.
FOX News Radio’s Jill Nado has details:
In Vermont, they have a lot of cows and a lot of skiing…so the folks at Killington Ski Resort are combining the two. They’re using methane gas that comes from cow manure to power a ski gondola, rather than electricity.
(Thorson) “The gas is taken from the anaerobic digester, put into an electric generator that gets fed to the gondola.”
Killington spokeswoman Sarah Thorson says the gas doesn’t produce a smell when it’s in that digester.
(Thorson) “So any passerby or local neighbors don’t have as strong of a smell anymore.”
And the next time you’re ready to get on the K-1 Express gondola, remember you’re riding on cow power.
Jill Nado, FOX News Radio.