- U.S. Pledges Additional Aid To Nepal Following EarthquakePosted 9 hours ago
- Loretta Lynch Sworn In As U.S. Attorney GeneralPosted 10 hours ago
- Clinton Cash Scandal: Foundation Admits “We Made Mistakes” [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 months ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
VT Ski Lift Runs on Cow Power
A Northeast ski resort has turned to what may be the ultimate in alternative energy…and it comes from a cow.
FOX News Radio’s Jill Nado has details:
In Vermont, they have a lot of cows and a lot of skiing…so the folks at Killington Ski Resort are combining the two. They’re using methane gas that comes from cow manure to power a ski gondola, rather than electricity.
(Thorson) “The gas is taken from the anaerobic digester, put into an electric generator that gets fed to the gondola.”
Killington spokeswoman Sarah Thorson says the gas doesn’t produce a smell when it’s in that digester.
(Thorson) “So any passerby or local neighbors don’t have as strong of a smell anymore.”
And the next time you’re ready to get on the K-1 Express gondola, remember you’re riding on cow power.
Jill Nado, FOX News Radio.