- Judge Finds Oscar Pistorius Guilty of Culpable Homicide [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: “DuckTales” Theme Song With Real DucksPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 days ago
- The Balance Of Power: War Of WordsPosted 4 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
VT Ski Lift Runs on Cow Power
A Northeast ski resort has turned to what may be the ultimate in alternative energy…and it comes from a cow.
FOX News Radio’s Jill Nado has details:
In Vermont, they have a lot of cows and a lot of skiing…so the folks at Killington Ski Resort are combining the two. They’re using methane gas that comes from cow manure to power a ski gondola, rather than electricity.
(Thorson) “The gas is taken from the anaerobic digester, put into an electric generator that gets fed to the gondola.”
Killington spokeswoman Sarah Thorson says the gas doesn’t produce a smell when it’s in that digester.
(Thorson) “So any passerby or local neighbors don’t have as strong of a smell anymore.”
And the next time you’re ready to get on the K-1 Express gondola, remember you’re riding on cow power.
Jill Nado, FOX News Radio.