- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 3 hours ago
- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 23 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 3 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
VT Ski Lift Runs on Cow Power
A Northeast ski resort has turned to what may be the ultimate in alternative energy…and it comes from a cow.
FOX News Radio’s Jill Nado has details:
In Vermont, they have a lot of cows and a lot of skiing…so the folks at Killington Ski Resort are combining the two. They’re using methane gas that comes from cow manure to power a ski gondola, rather than electricity.
(Thorson) “The gas is taken from the anaerobic digester, put into an electric generator that gets fed to the gondola.”
Killington spokeswoman Sarah Thorson says the gas doesn’t produce a smell when it’s in that digester.
(Thorson) “So any passerby or local neighbors don’t have as strong of a smell anymore.”
And the next time you’re ready to get on the K-1 Express gondola, remember you’re riding on cow power.
Jill Nado, FOX News Radio.