- AFMW: Singer / Songwriter JewelPosted 2 hours ago
- A Trip To Clown School Ahead of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- Fox & Food: Deep-Fried TurkeyPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 3 days ago
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Season Wrap UpPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
IL Man Convicted of Killing His Entire Family
A Chicago-area man faces life in prison for killing his family because he wanted to move and start over in the Canadian wilderness.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper, in Chicago, explains it took less than an hour for jurors to return a guilty verdict:
“A new life.” That is what prosecutors say Christopher Vaughn wanted, so he told his wife and three children that they were going to a water park, and then shot them to death in their van – one of his daughters still clutching a stuffed animal, everyone still strapped into their seats.
Vaughn showed no emotion as the verdict was read, and Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow doesn’t mince words.
(Glasgow) “He’s a sociopath, he’s a psychopath. He’s going to get life in prison, and after that, he’ll be on his road to perdition.”
Defense attorneys blamed Vaughn’s wife, saying she was taking medicine later found to contribute to suicidal behavior. But the jury foreman says…
(Dan Lashat) “If you were in the courtroom with us, I’m sure you wouldn’t have found any different, based on what evidence was put forth.”
No death penalty in Illinois, so Vaughn faces life in prison.
In Chicago, Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.