"The superdelegates...they only make up about 15% of the vote... The superdelegates are not there to steal the vote or takeaway the vote or takeaway the will of the people. These are people who in their own right are elected officials or party activists. They too should have a vote. This system is to give everyone a voice, not take away the voice from anyone.... I think it's too early to worry about superdelegates."

---DNC Spokeswoman Deshundra Jefferson saying Sanders supporters shouldn't worry about the super delegates taking away the nomination from Bernie Sanders

Deshundra Jefferson, Southern Regional Press Secretary for the DNC, joined Kilmeade & Friends to preview tonight's Democrat debate between Hillary Clinton & Bernie Sanders in Brooklyn, NY and address the concerns of the Sanders' camp over the impact of superdelegates. Jefferson feels it is too early for Sanders & his supporters to worry about the effects the superdelegates will have on the nomination.

Listen here

(KILMEADE) Sanders has complained openly about the superdelegate system. Do you think it's time to revisit that?

(DESHUNDRA) The rules have been in place for well over 40 years. So when people are talking about the process is rigged, all the candidates were aware of the rules and agreed to this. I want to be clear, the point of the superdelegates is we want to give everyone a voice. That's from our grass root activists to our elected officials, congressmen and women and governors. The superdelegate, those people, those elected officials and our party activists, they only make up about 15% of the vote. So the other 85% of the other delegates are pledged to one candidate or the other. 85%, that's by far the lions share and understands that super delegates are unpledged and they don't have to vote one way or another. Many of them are still not tied to a candidate and superdelegates can change their mind and change who they want to support. We saw that in 2008 with Barack Obama. The Super delegates are not there to steal the vote or takeaway the vote or takeaway the will of the people. These are people who in their own right are elected officials or party activists. They too should have a vote. This system is to give everyone a voice, not take away the voice from anyone.

(KILMEADE) This is a tight race until you put the superdelegates in...

(DESHUNDRA) It is a tight race but again, we still have 20 primaries left including the one in New York next week. There are a lot of delegates at stake. We still have California which is another huge state, another huge prize. So with 20 primaries left to go I think we are in good shape. I think it's too early to worry about super delegates. But again I have to stress this, superdelegates are not pledged to anyone and are only 15%.

(KILMEADE) Is there a sense (this race) is going to go until June?

(DESHUNDRA) I really do think the primary process is giving voters the chance to get to know our candidates but I would say by the time we come to the convention, you are not going to see a floor fight from the democrats. I think by then we will have a clear nominee and I believe our party will be unified whether its Bernie Sanders or Hilary Clinton. I really think our party will be unified behind our nominee.