Celebrity Chef Fabio Viviani speaks with Fox News Radio’s Lilian Huang Woo on the best ways to savor seasonal favorites from the garden and tackle those bumper crops. The Top Chef alum and guest star on Food Fighters, where celebrity chefs test their skills against home chefs, brings us up to speed on his latest projects and more.
Take a LISTEN:
Spicy Marinara Sauce
1 large white onion, finely chopped
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 lbs crushed seeded fresh tomatoes
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
10 Basil leaf
- Add oil to a pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, just until beginning to soften, stir in the garlic and cook for another 5 min.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 mins.
- Finish with chopped basil leaf
Simple Summer Squash
1 ½ lb. Patty pan squash
1 sliced onion
salt and pepper
aged Balsamic vinegar
- Toss 1 ½ pounds quartered yellow and Patty pan squash and 1 sliced onion with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium-high heat, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Toss with more olive oil, the zest and juice of 1 each lemon, and some chopped parsley, basil and mint.
- Top with Ricotta cheese and aged Balsamic vinegar.
Pickled Zucchini Burgers
1 ¼ pounds ground beef chuck
kosher salt and black pepper
canola oil, for the grill
2 zucchini, shaved
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
4 brioche buns, split
¼ head romaine
1/2 cup feta, thinly crumbled
- Heat grill to medium-high. Form the beef into four ¾ -inch-thick patties. Use your fingers to make a shallow well in the top of each. Dividing evenly, season the patties with salt and pepper.
- Oil grill and cook the patties with the wells facing up until the burgers release easily, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Take next 5 ingredients and place them in bowl. Let this sit for up to an hour. Remove burgers, open buns, and place pickles, cheese, and lettuce