Grilled Chicken Tequila Burgers
Tequila and soy sauce add flavor and act as a tenderizer. Be sure not to overcook the patties, as ground chicken can dry out quickly.
Hands-on 20 min.
Total 40 min.
1 lb. ground chicken breast
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
½ cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) or ¼ cup uncooked regular or quick-cooking oats
2 Tbsp. tequila
1 tsp. lime zest
¾ tsp. table salt
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
¼ tsp. soy sauce
Sliced bell peppers
5 hamburger buns
- Light charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Pulse ground chicken, cilantro, garlic, and jalapeño pepper in a food processor 3 to 4 times or until combined. Add panko or oats, tequila, lime zest, salt, pepper, and soy sauce; pulse until combined. Shape into 5 patties.
- Grill patties, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 165°; remove from grill, and keep warm. Grill sliced bell peppers and onions 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Serve burgers on buns; top burgers with Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise and grilled bell pepper and onion slices.
Excerpted from Grill Nation: 200 Surefire Recipes, Tips, and Techniques to Grill Like a Pro. Copyright © 2015 Time Inc. Books. Reprinted with permission from Oxmoor House, an imprint of Time Inc. Books. All Rights Reserved.
Makes: ¾ cup Hands-on: 5 min. Total: 5 min.
¾ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp. chopped fresh chives
1 tsp. lime zest
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Stir together all ingredients.
- Serve this summery meal with a lightly dressed salad and a refreshingly cool iced tea.Serves 4Hands-on 31 min.Total 36 min.
Peach-Glazed Pork Chops
1 (18-oz.) jar peach preserves
¼ cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
2 tsp. olive oil
4 (8-oz.) bone-in pork loin chops (1½ inches thick)
¼ tsp. table salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
4 large peaches, halved
- Light charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Bring preserves, soy sauce, and ginger to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat; reserve ½ cup to baste peaches.
- Rub oil over pork chops; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill pork chops, covered with grill lid, 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145°, basting often with 1 cup peach preserves mixture.
- At the same time, grill peaches, covered with grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender, basting often with reserved ½ cup peach preserves mixture. Let pork chops stand 5 minutes before serving with peaches.
*Peach preserves are preferable for this recipe, but if you only have apricot or orange preserves on hand, they also impart a sweet and tangy flavor.
Moe Cason's Peach Glazed Ribs Sauce