Sen. John McCain sat down with Steve Doocy (who was filling in for Brian) and Peter Johnson Jr.
Topics covered w/some quotes…
- Sen. McCain explained why he was so hard on Sec. Kerry
- He predicted that the Iranian negotiations on nuclear weapons will fail.
- He compared Putin to Hitler (“If you look at Adolf Hitler’s speech from a balcony in Vienna after they absorbed Austria..these words are just like Vladimir Putin’s about Crimea.”)
- How Republicans need an agenda
- Newt Gingrich (“The genius of Newt Gingrich, he and I have had our differences from time to time, but that Contract with America changed America. And that is what we need to do, to get that message out.”)
- On President Obama and foreign affairs (“There are things that presidents have to do, not just with your eye on the poll today, but on history and how history will judge you and how this country will fair if you just lurch from one issue to another. How many threats has the President made in the last two weeks to Vladimir Putin? And tell me one, besides sanctioning 11 people and one bank, that has really happened.”)
- McCain finished the interview by saying he was looking forward to spring break in Siberia because he hears it is lovely at this time of year.
- Cliven Bundy
- Defense cuts