- Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ResignsPosted 41 mins ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
WHO: Ebola Outbreak Is An International Health Emergency
The outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus in West Africa is labelled an international health emergency.
FOX News Radio’s Simon Owen reports:
The World Health Organization calling West Africa’s Ebola epidemic an extraordinary event.
(Dr. Chan) “This is the largest most severe and most complex outbreak in the nearly four-decade history of this disease.”
WHO Chief, Dr. Margaret Chan saying a coordinated international response is needed to stop the spread of the outbreak — which has killed more than 900 people in Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone.
(Dr. Chan) “Countries affected to date simply do not have the capacity to manage an outbreak of this size.”
Dr. Chan saying right now the outbreak is moving faster than it can be controlled.
Simon Owen, FOX News Radio.