- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 13 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 43 mins ago
- Nurse In Maine Defies Ebola Quarantine [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 24 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Overlooked? Jailed American Pastor Not Mentioned In Iran Negotiations
Disappointment from the family of an American pastor imprisoned in Iran that the Obama Administration did not try to secure his release during recent nuclear talks.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
Supporters of imprisoned American Pastor Saeed Abedini hoped the administration would push for his release during the nuclear talks. U.S. negotiators did not.
Abedini: “As a wife and a mom, it’s devastating.”
Naghmeh Abedini, the Pastor’s wife, thought these talks were the best chance to secure her husband’s release from and eight-year prison sentence for setting up Christian churches in Iran. Now she fears the opportunity is lost.
Abedini: “I think not only do we not have leverage, we’ve actually made it worse.”
A National Security Council spokesman says the P5+1 talks were strictly nuclear and notes the President discussed Pastor Abedini directly in a chat with Iran’s President Rouhani.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.
Listen below to FOX News Radio’s full interview with Naghmeh Abedini, wife of the jailed American Pastor in Iran: