- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 11 hours ago
- The Pope Blasts Vatican Bureaucracy in Christmas MessagePosted 11 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 17 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 4 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 5 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 6 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
FOX On Tech: Social Security Smart Cards [VIDEO]
Could the Social Security Card as we know it become a thing of the past? A new, “smarter” version could be coming.
FOX Business Network’s Rich Edson reports from Washington:
FOX on Tech.
A possible upgrade for the Social Security Card. A group of technology companies wants the government to scrap those paper cards and replace them with smart cards, complete with a security chip and a personal identification number. Businesses hiring workers could then process these smart cards to ensure job applicants are in the country legally. Supporters want this system to be part of the new immigration bill moving through Congress. There are concerns though about issuing more than 300 million new Social Security Cards.
In Washington, Rich Edson, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on this story: