- Which Country Singer Reportedly Lands Acting Gig In New Adam Sandler Movie?Posted 58 mins ago
- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 23 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 24 hours ago
- Fast-Food Restaurant Fuels Frenzy On Vegas StripPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
FOX On Tech: Social Security Smart Cards [VIDEO]
Could the Social Security Card as we know it become a thing of the past? A new, “smarter” version could be coming.
FOX Business Network’s Rich Edson reports from Washington:
FOX on Tech.
A possible upgrade for the Social Security Card. A group of technology companies wants the government to scrap those paper cards and replace them with smart cards, complete with a security chip and a personal identification number. Businesses hiring workers could then process these smart cards to ensure job applicants are in the country legally. Supporters want this system to be part of the new immigration bill moving through Congress. There are concerns though about issuing more than 300 million new Social Security Cards.
In Washington, Rich Edson, FOX News Radio.
WATCH for more on this story: