- Nepal Earthquake: The Race To Save Lives [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Clinton Cash Scandal: Foundation Admits “We Made Mistakes” [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- In Case You Missed ItPosted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Mike Huckabee, Former Governor of ArkansasPosted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 months ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
KILMEADE KONDENSED: 5/13/2013
By Mary C. Rydzeski
BRIAN’S OPENING THOUGHTS
Why do former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Obama find themselves so distant from the facts when it comes to Benghazi? BRIAN WANTS ANSWERS! PLUS: Brian looks into the latest scandal surrounding the IRS.
Michael Goodwin, New York Post Columnist and FOX News Contributor, talked to Brian about his discontent in the way the Obama administration handled Benghazi before, during and after the attack. “I think Benghazi is the Obama presidency in a nutshell,” he said. To read more of what Goodwin has to say about the White House playing politics in Washington, read his latest column, “Covering for Obama.”
Retired four-star general and former Vice Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army, General Jack Keane, weighed in on the pushback from Secretary of Defense Gates, who said that he wouldn’t have sent his guys into the situation in Benghazi last fall. “If you’ve got a situation like that where you have a prolonged fire fight and you know people are in a desperate situation, you’re going to try to get everything you can there. And I know the military leaders were trying to do that,” Keane said.
Steve Vogel, author of Through the Perilous Fight: Six Weeks That Saved the Nation, talked to Brian about how Francis Scott Key created the lyrics for the “Star Spangled Banner.” Vogel explained that Key wrote the powerful words after the battle of Fort McHenry, when no one was sure if America would still be in existence. “The whole thing is a big question mark,” Vogel said, “After this incredibly ferocious bombardment that had gone on for 24 hours, there had been silence. And Key had no idea whether the American flag would still be flying in the morning.” Hence the lyrics, “O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave, O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?”
FOX’s Bret Baier talked about his thoughts on the Benghazi coverage now that other networks are reporting on the story as well. Bret is heartened that there is now an awakening on the story. He always thought it was a story and didn’t understand why everybody thought it wasn’t. Bret went on to say that he just wants Fox’s correspondents to be recognized for digging in and for their commitment to finding out where this is going.
James Rosen, Chief Washington Correspondent and host of The Foxhole, weighed in on the Benghazi Attack updates and the unraveling IRS scandal. Rosen said he thinks that Ambassador Thomas Pickering should testify after giving a critical report about Benghazi and defended former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.