- Bodies of Seven Women Found In IndianaPosted 16 hours ago
- New Ebola Guidelines for HospitalsPosted 20 hours ago
- AFMW: Artist, Author & Speaker Joni Eareckson TadaPosted 20 hours ago
- FOX Wheels: Teen DrivingPosted 22 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Eyelash Extension Dangers
They may be pretty, but they also may be dangerous. The latest trend in beauty: eyelash extensions, could cause health issues.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new report suggests the big beauty trend of eyelash extensions could be dangerous.
The process involves gluing synthetic fibers to natural lashes. But Consumer Reports says the adhesives are formaldehyde-based, and can cause allergic reactions.
Extensions can also irritate the cornea, and put women at risk for bacterial and fungal infection.
The College of Optometrists in England warn the fad may result in damaging the hair follicle, leaving no natural lashes at all.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.