- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 23 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Survey: Air Travel Complaints Rise
Research sponsored by Purdue University and Wichita State University has found that despite a lot of recent positives in airline performance, air travelers are a grumpy bunch these days.
FOX News Radio’s Kerin McCue explains the reasons why:
Consumer gripes against the airlines are way up. Complaints to the U.S. Department of Transportation surged by 1/5th last year, this even though issues like on-time arrivals and lost baggage have improved. What’s got passengers upset these days?
(Airline Passenger) “Constantly having the seat ahead of me rubbing directly into my kneecaps.”
To accommodate more customers, airlines are shrinking their size and adding more, turning planes that once carried 130 passengers comfortably into virtual sardine cans holding up to 150. Overbooking is another problem, something every carrier does to keep seats full.
Among the worst offenders: United Airlines ranks dead last out of the 14 airlines reported; Southwest is best.
Kerin McCue, FOX News Radio.