- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 4 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Why Are Zombies So Popular?
Zombies are incredibly popular these days… But it might not be a coincidence. According to new research, the zombie fad peaks with cultural discontent.
FOX News Radio’s Sabrina Sabbagh reports:
(“The Walking Dead”)
“The Walking Dead” on AMC is enjoying record breaking ratings, as viewers seem more interested than ever in zombies. Clemson University Professor Sarah Juliet Lauro has been studying the phenomenon of zombie popularity and says people are more interested in zombies at times when as a culture we feel disempowered.
(Lauro) “The zombie is a more convenient metaphor for the way that they are feeling, powerless within the system.”
Dr. Lauro says there is a direct connection between zombie culture and capitalism and the economy.
(Lauro) “You see it rise in popularity when you have a large number of people who are unemployed.”
Sabrina Sabbagh, FOX News Radio.