- New Passenger Air Travel Requirements To Prevent Ebola From Spreading In The U.S.Posted 14 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius SentencedPosted 21 hours ago
- Mom Wants ‘Breaking Bad’ Toys Off Store Shelves [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Diet For Dollars
Need an incentive to lose weight? How about cash in your pocket? Researchers are finding money may be a key factor to help tip the scales for dieters.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
When it comes to losing weight… one study finds cold hard cash is effective in helping melt away the pounds.
In a yearlong study, people offered a chance to win or lose $20 bucks a month if they met certain diet goals; lost an average of nine pounds, compared to just over two pounds for other study participants not given the same diet-for-dollars deal.
Researchers at the Mayo Clinic, which had obese employees involved in the study, say it’s important to keep incentives going to maintain healthy changes.
More on the study this weekend at a medical conference in San Francisco.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.