- Tornado Strikes Near Oklahoma CityPosted 10 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 11 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 12 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 14 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 15 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 15 hours ago
Diet For Dollars
Need an incentive to lose weight? How about cash in your pocket? Researchers are finding money may be a key factor to help tip the scales for dieters.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
When it comes to losing weight… one study finds cold hard cash is effective in helping melt away the pounds.
In a yearlong study, people offered a chance to win or lose $20 bucks a month if they met certain diet goals; lost an average of nine pounds, compared to just over two pounds for other study participants not given the same diet-for-dollars deal.
Researchers at the Mayo Clinic, which had obese employees involved in the study, say it’s important to keep incentives going to maintain healthy changes.
More on the study this weekend at a medical conference in San Francisco.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.