- President Obama Drops Proposal To Cut Tax Breaks For College Savings Plans [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- World Freedom DeclinesPosted 2 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Sending Your Ex-Spouse Off With A BangPosted 5 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Diet For Dollars
Need an incentive to lose weight? How about cash in your pocket? Researchers are finding money may be a key factor to help tip the scales for dieters.
FOX News Radio’s Lilian Woo reports:
When it comes to losing weight… one study finds cold hard cash is effective in helping melt away the pounds.
In a yearlong study, people offered a chance to win or lose $20 bucks a month if they met certain diet goals; lost an average of nine pounds, compared to just over two pounds for other study participants not given the same diet-for-dollars deal.
Researchers at the Mayo Clinic, which had obese employees involved in the study, say it’s important to keep incentives going to maintain healthy changes.
More on the study this weekend at a medical conference in San Francisco.
Lilian Woo, FOX News Radio.