- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 9 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 10 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 day ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
DC Takes Snow Day as Storm Hits Mid-Atlantic [VIDEO]
After dumping a season-high 10″ of snow on Chicago and wreaking havoc on travel from Minnesota to West Virginia, a powerful winter storm has voluntary evacuation orders up along the Jersey shore – where flooding could the worst it’s been since Sandy – and is putting the brakes on business as usual in the nation’s capital.
FOX News Radio’s Rich Johnson reports from Washington:
The snow is picking up; as a result, the Federal government has closed. It also means a busy day for power crews and road crews.
(Boulware) “We are going to be considering and looking at the potential for signals to be dark. Of course, there’s also the possibility of a lot of downed tree limbs, as well, and power lines.”
That’s Kellie Boulware at the Maryland Department of Transportation. Despite the government closure, the House still hopes to wrap up work on a bill to fund the government through the rest of the fiscal year and blunt some of the effects of the sequester.
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the snow storm: