- AFMW: Country Music’s Pete Scobell Talks About His Tribute to Chris KylePosted 2 hours ago
- Jury Deadlocks: No Death Sentence For Jodi Arias [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Asks To Make Her Emails Public [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
White House Cancels Tours Over Sequester
They’re hard to get and one of the most sought after tickets for a Washington tourist… a White House tour. But a post-sequester impact is that tourists will no longer get to tour the executive mansion.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
Tourists calling the White House visitor’s office are getting a message that announces that public tours are being cancelled due to the sequester starting Saturday.
(Visitor’s Line) “We very much regret having to take this action particularly during the popular Spring touring season.”
The White House saying the Secret Service needs to reassign officers from the tour to other duties.
Republicans called the move childish and a shameful publicity stunt. Texas House Republican Louie Gohmert suggested the White House get the money by cancelling the President’s golf outings.
(Gohmert) “They’ll be able to get their tour of the White House and all it’ll cost is one or two golf trips less.”
Republicans note the sequester has not stopped public tours at the Capitol.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.