- Deer Tick DangersPosted 22 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
White House Cancels Tours Over Sequester
They’re hard to get and one of the most sought after tickets for a Washington tourist… a White House tour. But a post-sequester impact is that tourists will no longer get to tour the executive mansion.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
Tourists calling the White House visitor’s office are getting a message that announces that public tours are being cancelled due to the sequester starting Saturday.
(Visitor’s Line) “We very much regret having to take this action particularly during the popular Spring touring season.”
The White House saying the Secret Service needs to reassign officers from the tour to other duties.
Republicans called the move childish and a shameful publicity stunt. Texas House Republican Louie Gohmert suggested the White House get the money by cancelling the President’s golf outings.
(Gohmert) “They’ll be able to get their tour of the White House and all it’ll cost is one or two golf trips less.”
Republicans note the sequester has not stopped public tours at the Capitol.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.