- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 2 hours ago
- Cover-Up Allegations Haunt Benghazi Committee HearingPosted 6 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Mystery Drone Reported Near NYC Airport [VIDEO]
It’s a bird? No. It’s a plane? Well, sort of. Authorities are trying to figure out just what was flying near a major New York City airport and who was flying it.
FOX’s Rick Leventhal reports from New York City:
One investigator says he’s never heard of anything like this: A report of a drone flying near JFK Airport, just 200 feet from an incoming jetliner. Monday afternoon, an Alitalia pilot spotted what he described as a “black drone,” a few miles west of the airport at an altitude of roughly 1,500 feet, saying it was about “a meter square, with helicopter rotors on the corners.” The passenger jet did not take evasive action and landed safely, but the Feds are investigating.
It’s legal to fly hobby planes, but only up to 400 feet and not within three miles of an airport. And if it was a drone, the question is who was flying it? And why?
In New York, Rick Leventhal, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on this mystery drone: