- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 9 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 11 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 14 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 21 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
TX Woman Calls 911 For Cigarettes
A Texas woman is in trouble for the help she said that she needed when she called 911.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
It’s not a typical call for help:
(Dispatcher) “Hood County 911, what’s the address of your emergency.”
But instead of getting an answer to that the dispatcher heard:
(White) “I need some cigarettes!”
That’s right. Linda White dialed 911 because she was craving a smoke. Then as the call went on, she thought twice:
(White) “Oh I think I dialed the wrong number.”
White says it was just a joke, but Hood County, Texas Sheriff’s Deputy Biff Temple isn’t laughing:
(Temple) “It does take valuable resources away from responding to actual emergencies.”
White’s charged with a misdemeanor and could face a fine and/or jail time.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio.