- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 5 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
FOX in the Fast Lane: Gen-6 Cars to Debut at Daytona
A new car will make its formal debut when the NASCAR season starts next weekend in Daytona.
FOX News Radio’s Marghiee “Trackside” Teshineh has all the latest in this NASCAR preview:
FOX in the Fast Lane.
For Clint Bowyer, going to the Daytona 500 means having to be race-ready quickly.
(Bowyer) “You’re starting off, you know, a little bit rusty with the biggest race of the year, and you only get one shot at it.”
Making its debut this season in NASCAR: the new Generation-6 cars from Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota. I asked Ford design manager Garen Nicoghosian to compare the street versions and the track versions of these cars.
(Nicoghosian) “One thing that is going to be apparent is how close and how similar the surface and the styling of the vehicles are to each other.”
But how do they handle? Dale Earnhardt, Jr. says, so far:
(Earnhardt, Jr.) “We’ve had a lot of fun testing it and working on it.”
For Jeff Gordon, this new car could mean a new driving style at Daytona.
(Gordon) “It’s not going to drive great in traffic, which I think that’s a good thing. I don’t think we’ll be pushing and doing all the tandem drafting like we were.”
And Jimmie Johnson and other drivers will trade their fire suits for sneakers this weekend, running in the 5th Annual Daytona Beach Half-Marathon.
FOX in the Fast Lane, I’m Marghiee Teshineh, FOX News Radio.
Follow FOX News Radio’s Marghiee “Trackside” Teshineh on Twitter: @LadyTrackside