- AFMW: The Rhett Walker BandPosted 1 day ago
- Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah Dies at 90Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Cop Lip Syncing To Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off”Posted 2 days ago
- Country Music Stars Defend “American Sniper” [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Senate Blocks Hagel Confirmation Vote
For the first time ever, a Cabinet nominee has failed to win a cloture vote in the U.S. Senate, as a vote to end debate on the nomination of former Sen. Chuck Hagel for Defense Secretary comes up empty.
FOX News Radio’s Rich Johnson reports from Washington:
Senate Democrats came two votes short of ending debate on Hagel’s nomination, so they’ll wait until after next week’s recess and try again. Before the vote, South Carolina Republican Lindsey Graham acknowledged Hagel will eventually be confirmed.
(Sen. Graham) “We’re satisfied, for the most part, but there are some unanswered questions. After the break, I am confident, unless there’s a bombshell, we will move forward.”
But now Graham vows to hold up the nomination of John Brennan to head the CIA until he learns who wrote the talking points that U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice used on TV after the Benghazi attacks.
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.
LISTEN to the vote being read on the Senate floor: