- Deer Tick DangersPosted 4 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 1 day ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 1 day ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
Senate Blocks Hagel Confirmation Vote
For the first time ever, a Cabinet nominee has failed to win a cloture vote in the U.S. Senate, as a vote to end debate on the nomination of former Sen. Chuck Hagel for Defense Secretary comes up empty.
FOX News Radio’s Rich Johnson reports from Washington:
Senate Democrats came two votes short of ending debate on Hagel’s nomination, so they’ll wait until after next week’s recess and try again. Before the vote, South Carolina Republican Lindsey Graham acknowledged Hagel will eventually be confirmed.
(Sen. Graham) “We’re satisfied, for the most part, but there are some unanswered questions. After the break, I am confident, unless there’s a bombshell, we will move forward.”
But now Graham vows to hold up the nomination of John Brennan to head the CIA until he learns who wrote the talking points that U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice used on TV after the Benghazi attacks.
In Washington, Rich Johnson, FOX News Radio.
LISTEN to the vote being read on the Senate floor: