- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 16 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 16 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 22 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
House Votes On Raising Debt Ceiling
Update: The House has voted to pass the GOP no budget-no pay debt ceiling bill 285-144
The House voting on a bill today to raise the debt ceiling, but only for a short time and with strings attached.
FOX News Radio’s Mike Majchrowitz reports from the White House:
The House Republican bill increases the debt ceiling for three months and requires Senate Democrats to pass their first budget in four years. If they don’t members don’t get paid.
(McGovern) “They believe in government by gimmicks and this, you know, no budget no pay bill is another gimmick.”
Massachusetts Democrat Jim McGovern. Texas Republican Pete Sessions notes the White House and the Senate Democratic leader support this approach.
(Sessions) “I think that’s a rare day. I think that’s a good day when we can work together.”
If budgets aren’t passed members salaries go into escrow until the budgets are done.
At the White House, Mike Majchrowitz, FOX News Radio.