- Doctor In NYC Tests Positive For Ebola [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase Moves On To MartinsvillePosted 4 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
GOP Moves To Put Debt Limit Fight On Hold
House Republicans will put a fight over the debt limit on hold, that is, if Senate Democrats agree to one key demand.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Capitol Hill:
The House is preparing a bill that suspends the debt ceiling through mid-May, automatically authorizing whatever borrowing authority is needed until then.
But, as part of the deal, the GOP effort forces both chambers to agree to budget resolutions by April 15th. If that doesn’t happen, lawmakers paychecks would be put in escrow as punishment.
Ultimately, members of Congress will have to be paid by the end of this session. The 27th Amendment prohibits lawmakers from increasing or decreasing their own pay.
On Capitol Hill, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.