- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 18 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 2 days ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
GOP Moves To Put Debt Limit Fight On Hold
House Republicans will put a fight over the debt limit on hold, that is, if Senate Democrats agree to one key demand.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Capitol Hill:
The House is preparing a bill that suspends the debt ceiling through mid-May, automatically authorizing whatever borrowing authority is needed until then.
But, as part of the deal, the GOP effort forces both chambers to agree to budget resolutions by April 15th. If that doesn’t happen, lawmakers paychecks would be put in escrow as punishment.
Ultimately, members of Congress will have to be paid by the end of this session. The 27th Amendment prohibits lawmakers from increasing or decreasing their own pay.
On Capitol Hill, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.