- Do Dogs Get Jealous?Posted 14 hours ago
- France Sends Soldiers To Air Algerie Crash Site [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Old Man Dancing – Forever YoungPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR’s Back At The BrickyardPosted 3 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
GOP Moves To Put Debt Limit Fight On Hold
House Republicans will put a fight over the debt limit on hold, that is, if Senate Democrats agree to one key demand.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Capitol Hill:
The House is preparing a bill that suspends the debt ceiling through mid-May, automatically authorizing whatever borrowing authority is needed until then.
But, as part of the deal, the GOP effort forces both chambers to agree to budget resolutions by April 15th. If that doesn’t happen, lawmakers paychecks would be put in escrow as punishment.
Ultimately, members of Congress will have to be paid by the end of this session. The 27th Amendment prohibits lawmakers from increasing or decreasing their own pay.
On Capitol Hill, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.