- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 15 hours ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 16 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 17 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
UN Report: Afghanistan Torture Widespread
A report from the United Nations reportedly finds serious problems with how Afghan authorities treat detainees.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight has details:
The U.N. report is to be released tomorrow, but sources who have read it tell the Wall Street Journal that it alleges widespread torture and abuse of detainees by Afghan police and intelligence authorities. Afghanistan denies some of the allegations and promises to investigate.
After meeting with President Obama earlier this month, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said that the U.S. would immediately hand over detainees who are U.S. custody, but credible allegations of torture would make such transfers illegal under U.S. law. A Western diplomat says “it’s a cause of grave concern” and could complicate the planned transfer of security responsibilities to Afghanistan.
Steve Knight, FOX News Radio.