- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 21 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 3 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 4 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
TX Waiter Stands Up for Boy With Down Syndrome [VIDEO]
Don’t mess with waiters in Texas. One man put his job on the line to defend a special needs customer from another diner.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story:
Refusing to serve a customer can get a waiter fired, but Michael Garcia didn’t think twice.
(Garcia) “He said some things that were derogatory towards Milo.”
Milo is a 5-year-old with Down syndrome, a regular customer at Houston’s Lorzeno’s Prime Rib. In front of his own kids, the customer told Garcia that “special needs kids should be kept in special places,” and requested a new table. Garcia obliged, but then refused to serve the family, who left. As for his bosses:
(Garcia) “They did agree with me and they’ve supported me, and they’re supporting Milo.”
Garcia says he did this not for notoriety, but only out of compassion.
(Garcia) “It’s all for Milo, all this is about Milo.”
…Who Garcia says is like his little brother.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
WATCH an interview with waiter Michael Garcia: