- The Head of the Secret Service in the Hot SeatPosted 7 hours ago
- AEHQ: ISIS Bleeds Into The Mid-Term ElectionsPosted 9 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: New Teen Birth Control RecommendationPosted 10 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Hasbro Announces Gender-Neutral Easy Bake Oven
A New Jersey girl’s efforts to get a toy company to redesign one of their popular products have paid off with news that the Easy Bake Oven will soon be available in gender-neutral colors.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
She wanted to give one to her little brother. Thirteen-year-old McKenna Pope of Garfield, New Jersey started a campaign to get Hasbro, makers of the Easy Bake Oven, to come up with a version in gender-neutral colors, enlisting celebrity chefs like Bobby Flay to the cause.
The eighth-grader traveled to Hasbro headquarters in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, where company officials showed her a new prototype of the oven, in the works for 18 months, they say. It’s black, silver and blue, instead of pink and purple like it’s been for years; could be on shelves by summer, and boys will be in the ads like McKenna wanted.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.