- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 4 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 5 hours ago
- President Obama Drops Proposal To Cut Tax Breaks For College Savings Plans [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Valentine’s Day Special: Adopt A Cockroach For Your ExPosted 1 day ago
- Bullet Points: Sending Your Ex-Spouse Off With A BangPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
Obama, Boehner Speak, Trade Fiscal Cliff Offers [VIDEO]
President Obama and House Speaker John Boehner spoke by phone on Tuesday afternoon as politicians work to steer clear of the fiscal cliff. Confirmation of the call comes on the heels of word that the sides exchanged offers over the past couple days.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington:
In the past two days, the White House and Congressional Republicans have traded at least partial proposals to avert the fiscal cliff, seemingly with little progress.
(Boehner) “The longer the White House slow-walks this process, the closer our economy gets to the fiscal cliff.”
House Speaker John Boehner complains the President won’t identify specific spending cuts. The White House says before they do that…
(Carney) “Requiring the Republicans acknowledge and accept that rates are going up for top earners in this country.”
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney saying Republicans aren’t being specific in their offer to raise revenue without raising tax rates.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the fiscal cliff: