- Deer Tick DangersPosted 7 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 1 day ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 1 day ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
Girl With Leukemia Taken From AZ Hospital [VIDEO]
The mother of a young leukemia patient took her daughter out of the hospital one day too early, and now Arizona police say the girl could be in mortal danger.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Eleven-year-old Emily was being treated for leukemia at Phoenix Children’s Hospital, but her mother removed her IV and took her out of the hospital a day early. Problem is Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos says a catheter in the girl’s chest needs to be removed by medical professionals.
(Sgt. Martos) “If Emily somehow contracts an infection, it really could be a matter of days which could result in her death.”
He says they’ve had trouble contacting the family because they’re nomadic. They were last seen in a black van.
(Sgt. Martos) “That particular plate is not registered to that minivan. Obviously, someone put another vehicle’s plate on this van.”
He says they’ve sent information to police agencies and hospitals in California and Mexico, as well as to the FBI.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on this missing leukemia patient: