- Underwater MysteryPosted 2 mins ago
- Housecall for Health: Kidney Stones & Sugary DrinksPosted 16 mins ago
- FOX CountryPosted 46 mins ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Coca-Cola 600 (Charlotte)Posted 1 hour ago
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 13 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 13 hours ago
- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 15 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 16 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 16 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 20 hours ago
Booze as Bad as Soda For Your Waistline?
Amid all the debate about sugary soft drinks and obesity, there is another type of beverage that is adding on the pounds.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Knight reports:
Researchers at the Centers for Disease Control say that sugary drinks account for about 6% of an average adult’s daily calories. Beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks account for about 5%.
They say the finding is important because neither soda nor booze have much nutrition in those calories.
A 12-ounce can of soda has about 140 calories, just a little less than the same sized can of beer. A five ounce glass of wine is about 100 calories.
Steve Knight, Fox News Radio.