- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ResigningPosted 10 hours ago
- 12-year-old Carrying BB Gun, Shot & Killed By PolicePosted 13 hours ago
- The 2014 American Music Awards RecapPosted 14 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Loughner Gets Life In Prison For AZ Shooting [VIDEO]
The gunman in the Tucson shooting spree, Jared Lee Loughner, was sentenced to seven life terms, plus 140 years in prison Thursday. Loughner was convicted in the January 2011 attack in Arizona that killed six people and wounded others, including former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. Giffords’ husband Mark Kelly, spoke at the hearing.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal has details:
Mark Kelly and former Congresswoman Giffords sat in court listening to other victims statements. When it was Kelly’s turn he addressed Loughner directly as Loughner’s mother cried.
He said you tried to create for us a life as dark and evil as your own. You failed. He said Gabby struggles to form a sentence and to walk. And works harder in one minute than most do all day.
He ended by saying that while you are mentally ill, you are responsible and from this moment on, Gabby and I are done thinking about you.
Loughner has been reacting. During one other speech he looked so shaken his attorney asked if he was okay.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on Loughner’s sentencing: