- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 2 days ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 5 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Loughner Gets Life In Prison For AZ Shooting [VIDEO]
The gunman in the Tucson shooting spree, Jared Lee Loughner, was sentenced to seven life terms, plus 140 years in prison Thursday. Loughner was convicted in the January 2011 attack in Arizona that killed six people and wounded others, including former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. Giffords’ husband Mark Kelly, spoke at the hearing.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal has details:
Mark Kelly and former Congresswoman Giffords sat in court listening to other victims statements. When it was Kelly’s turn he addressed Loughner directly as Loughner’s mother cried.
He said you tried to create for us a life as dark and evil as your own. You failed. He said Gabby struggles to form a sentence and to walk. And works harder in one minute than most do all day.
He ended by saying that while you are mentally ill, you are responsible and from this moment on, Gabby and I are done thinking about you.
Loughner has been reacting. During one other speech he looked so shaken his attorney asked if he was okay.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on Loughner’s sentencing: