- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 hour ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Report: Healthcare Tax to Hit More in Middle Class
A new government report shows that more Americans may have to pay the penalty for not having health insurance under President Obama’s signature law, which the Supreme Court has labeled as a tax, than first thought.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from the White House:
As many as six million Americans could be on the hook for the tax penalty for not purchasing health insurance. That figure is higher than the four million estimated earlier by the Congressional Budget Office.
The CBO report also says 80% of those hit with the penalty are middle class, earning less than $60,000 a year. By 2016, the annual penalty will average about $1,200.
The White House has shied away from characterizing the penalty as a tax.
At the White House, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.