- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 18 hours ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 18 hours ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 18 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Longer Days, Year for Students in Chicago [VIDEO]
For seven days, the “Three R’s” were replaced with restlessness in Chicago, as public school teachers went on strike. But students are back in class, and they’ll be spending more time there as part of a new deal with the teachers.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports from the Windy City:
For Chicago teachers…
(Teacher) “It’s time to go back to work. This is a victory for us.”
They’ve won contract compromises on pay raises, teacher evaluations and re-hiring. For students…
(Students) “I’m happy.”//”I’m excited because I feel like I was getting behind in school.”
Mayor Rahm Emanuel got the longer school day and year that he wanted.
(Emanuel) “This year, we added an hour and 15 minutes everyday to elementary school, and two additional weeks to the school year.”
350,000 public school students are in the classroom for the first time since September 7th.
In Chicago, Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the end of the Chicago teachers strike: