- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Securing America: Terrorist to Get New, Longer Sentence
A convicted terror plotter, once the poster child for legal prosecution of terror suspects, will be getting a longer prison sentence after an appeals judge says he wasn’t sent away for long enough.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports from Miami in our ongoing series on national security:
Jose Padilla once spent three years in a Navy brig without being charged. The Feds considered him an enemy combatant, a terrorist seeking to attack U.S. targets. A Federal court in Miami would eventually convict him of conspiracy to commit terrorism and sent him away for 17 years.
But an appeal was filed by the prosecutors, who said the sentence was too short for a person with a history of gang violence and who trained with al-Qaeda in Afghanistan. The appeals court agreed, and now the lower court will bring Padilla back on December 3rd to give him a longer prison term.
In Miami, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.