- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 11 hours ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 12 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 13 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
MLB Pitcher Undergoes Surgery After Being Hit in Head
A Major League pitcher is in stable condition after emergency surgery for serious injuries he suffered in Wednesday’s game between the Oakland A’s and Los Angeles Angels in Oakland, California.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has details:
It’s a pitcher’s nightmare.
(Play-by-Play) “Callaspo on deck. Aybar lines one off McCarthy, it ricochets to Donaldson. They get the out. McCarthy is down!”
FOX Sports Net West with the call as Oakland A’s pitcher Brandon McCarthy takes the line-drive straight to side of his head. The 6-year vet, undergoing surgery late Wednesday night to relieve pressure from a brain hemorrhage and to stabilize a skull fracture caused by the play.
McCarthy walked off the field under his own power before a precautionary CT scan revealed the extent of his injuries, which also include bruising to his brain. The team say McCarthy is resting in the Critical Care Unit, but his condition is improving.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.