- Nepal Earthquake: The Race To Save Lives [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- Clinton Cash Scandal: Foundation Admits “We Made Mistakes” [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- In Case You Missed ItPosted 6 hours ago
- AFMW: Mike Huckabee, Former Governor of ArkansasPosted 6 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 months ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
MLB Pitcher Undergoes Surgery After Being Hit in Head
A Major League pitcher is in stable condition after emergency surgery for serious injuries he suffered in Wednesday’s game between the Oakland A’s and Los Angeles Angels in Oakland, California.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has details:
It’s a pitcher’s nightmare.
(Play-by-Play) “Callaspo on deck. Aybar lines one off McCarthy, it ricochets to Donaldson. They get the out. McCarthy is down!”
FOX Sports Net West with the call as Oakland A’s pitcher Brandon McCarthy takes the line-drive straight to side of his head. The 6-year vet, undergoing surgery late Wednesday night to relieve pressure from a brain hemorrhage and to stabilize a skull fracture caused by the play.
McCarthy walked off the field under his own power before a precautionary CT scan revealed the extent of his injuries, which also include bruising to his brain. The team say McCarthy is resting in the Critical Care Unit, but his condition is improving.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.