- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
CO Schools Ban Peyton Manning Jersey [VIDEO]
The Denver Broncos excited their fan base this offseason with the addition of quarterback Peyton Manning, but as the NFL season opens, fans in a Denver suburb are finding out that they can’t show off their fan-dom.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the story:
Schools in Greeley, Colorado, flagging students for wearing Peyton Manning’s #18 Broncos jersey.
(Konnor Vanatta) “They told me I couldn’t wear 18 anymore because it’s a gang number, and I had to take it off.”
Third-grader Konnor Vanatta, forced to turn over his jersey for the day with the explanation that the number is often affiliated with gangs. His mother, Pam, thinks the district is dropping the ball.
(Pam Vanatta) “I’m pretty upset that the schools have come down to this.”
Weld County Schools spokesman Roger Fiedler says don’t get them wrong:
(Fiedler) “We’re Broncos fans ourselves.”
But the policy banning 18, wide receiver Brandon Stokley’s 14, as well as 13, 31, 41 and 81 has been in the playbook for years, and they won’t be calling an audible anytime soon.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the Peyton Manning jersey ban HERE: