- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 8 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 10 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 12 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 20 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Binge Drinkers are Happier Students
Studies have shown that binge drinking isn’t good for your physical health, but new research suggests that college students who partake in the activity find an emotional benefit.
FOX News Radio’s Joy Piazza reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New research shows college binge drinkers are happier than their non-binge drinking counterparts. Researchers looked at one college, and noticed a common theme among the study’s participants: Students may not want to get drunk, but they feel they have to in order to be socially accepted.
The study showed students who binge drink were actually considered higher on the social ladder, but binge drinking was also associated with a higher level of sexual victimization and academic woes.
Housecall for Health, I’m Joy Piazza, FOX News Radio.