- VIRAL VIDEOS: Blind Man Sees Wife With Bionic EyePosted 8 hours ago
- AFMW: Parker Schnabel, star of Discovery’s "Gold Rush"Posted 9 hours ago
- Jimmie Johnson Gears Up For Sin City, As NASCAR Heads To VegasPosted 10 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
AEHQ: Medicare Front-and-Center in Election [VIDEO]
It was expected when Mitt Romney tapped Paul Ryan as his running mate: A debate about Medicare. Now, the program is making its way front-and-center on the campaign trail.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern reports from Washington in this Election Update:
From America’s Election Headquarters…
President Obama, accusing the Romney-Ryan ticket of wanting to end Medicare.
(President Obama) “That means seniors would no longer have the guarantee of Medicare. They’d get a voucher to buy private insurance.”
That was part of the Republican budget, crafted by Ryan, to curb costs – though it doesn’t apply to anyone older than 55. The Romney campaign, in a new ad, pointing out the President also wants to cut more than $700 billion from Medicare.
(Romney Ad) “Why? To pay for Obamacare. So now the money you paid for your guaranteed health care is going to a massive, new government program.”
The Obama campaign, arguing those cuts target providers, not patients.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on Medicare’s role in the election HERE: