- AFMW: The Rhett Walker BandPosted 1 day ago
- Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah Dies at 90Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Cop Lip Syncing To Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off”Posted 2 days ago
- Country Music Stars Defend “American Sniper” [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Housecall for Health: Ending Chemo Resistance
A protein found in healthy cells might be the key to helping cancer patients who are resistant to chemotherapy.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Scientists say they’re coming closer to battling chemotherapy resistance. A study at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle found the therapy can cause healthy cells, that normally heal wounds, do the opposite by producing a protein that helps cancer resist chemo.
Adapting to this effect could help 90% of patients whose cancer spreads, that eventually develop resistance to chemotherapy.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.